Advanced threats can quickly lead to knockouts when organizations are not properly prepared.
Many organizations believe that with standard security measures in place they are not at risk for an intrusion. But threat groups are ready for a fight. The goal is to push threat actors back into a development model and make it inherently more complex to design a threat/exploit.
To learn more read the article, Fighting in the Cyber Ring that discusses the eight rules you need to follow to prepare for a fight against an advanced threat.
What you will learn:
- Establish offline/out-of-band communications
- Finish eviction before publishing findings
- Maintain vigilance to catch re-entry
- Understand you may not be the target
- There may be more than one threat group operating in your environment
- Look for points of access, not malware
- Threat group decides length of fight
- Investigate targeted intrusions, not events
- Different organizations have different motives, methods, and sources for threat groups